Maddie Update

On June 13, 2011, I rescued Maddie. 

That day, Maddie was completely broken. And sadly... I'm not referring to her poor physical condition. 

Yes, Maddie was very sick. She was suffering from a severe case of demodectic mange, which had forced her to live in agonizing pain for most of her life. In addition, her body was covered in hundreds of ticks, and she also had eye and ear issues. But that wasn't what struck me most about Maddie... 

I was most struck by Maddie's spirit. 
Maddie's heart was completely broken.
And mine was, too.

Little Maddie had been beaten down by the cruelty of the world. For months, she'd waited... on the side of a busy highway... for someone --anyone-- to help her. 

And for months... no one stopped for her.

Eventually, Maddie lost all hope... and she waited to die. By the time help finally arrived, Maddie's spirit was already dead. 

When she came into my home, I quickly began the process of healing Maddie's mange... but my primary focus was to heal Maddie's heart. And while the opportunity to witness her physical transformation has been truly amazing... nothing has been more incredible than watching Maddie's spirit come back to life...

Maddie's road to recovery wasn't easy. She was in a great deal of physical pain... but it was the ever-so real pain in her heart that caused her to cry out in sadness much of her early days with me...
 
But I showered her with affection, and soon, Maddie learned to trust. She learned to smile, to play, and to dance. She learned from me, and she taught me, too. Together, our hearts became whole. 

Today, Maddie is a tribute to the transforming power of love. Love alone healed Maddie. Sure, mange baths and meds healed her skin. But love healed Maddie's heart... so that her spirit could return.

And wow... what an incredible spirit this girl has...
 
Maddie loves love. Maddie loves other dogs. Maddie loves playtime, and breakfast time, and toy time. Maddie loves yards for running, and couches for napping. She loves hugs, kisses, and special snuggles. 

Today... Maddie loves life.

So now, my greatest wish is to give my Maddie Moo the family she deserves. And even though my heart will break to pieces when she leaves me for her forever home... the time has come to make her final wish come true...

Maddie is spayed, up-to-date on vaccinations, and heartworm negative. In addition, she's housebroken and extremely well-behaved. I've rehabilitated a lot of pups, but I'm honestly blown away by the amazing dog Maddie has become. In truth, she's perfect.

Most of her life, Maddie waited on the side of the road for someone to help her... for someone to give her a chance to be special. Now, Maddie waits again... for someone to take her home.  

Please... help me make Maddie's dream of a family come true. Show her that she's truly special by sharing her story. On June 13, she needed me, and I was there for her. Now, she needs you. Please don't let her down.

If you're interested in adopting my Maddie, 
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE ONLINE ADOPTION APP!

Comments